On September 5, 2017 Virginia Announced Tax Amnesty:
- Amnesty will run for 62 days beginning September 13, 2017 and end on November 14, 2017.
- Amnesty is generally available on all Business, Individual, and Converted taxes and returns administered by the Virginia Department of Taxation, that were due on or before June 15, 2017.
- A formal application is not required and Amnesty is offered on eligible tax bills on a bill by bill basis and will be granted if the tax and ½ of the interest on an eligible bill are paid by 11/14/17. The remaining interest and all penalties will be waived.
- Notices of Amnesty eligible bills have been be mailed to the taxpayer’s last known address.
- After November 14, 2017 any tax liability that was eligible for Amnesty that remains unpaid will be subject to a 20% penalty. The 20% penalty will be in addition to all other penalties .
If you have a question, or would like to participate in the Amnesty Program call us at 703-847-6686 for a free confidential, no judgement consultation.